Friday, May 18, 2012

Art Club 2012

My art club this year is comprised of five 5th graders, a second grader and a third grader.  My second and third graders are painting desserts.

2nd Grad (work in progress)
3rd Grade (work in progress)

The fifth grade students are creating scale drawings of American monuments/landmarks. First,  googled pictures of the monuments/landmark that they wanted to paint. I printed them out in color and and then they created a half an inch grid on the picture after I made them figure out the math. We also watched a video about how to create an artwork using the grid process. Once they completed the grid, they drew the pictures on the 18x24 grid canvas I received this year. We got as close to scale as we possibly could and they have been working diligently ever since to get their pictures to look accurate.















No comments:

Post a Comment